This post will detail the series of steps that are required to set-up and configure a LAMP server using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. The server will have all of the normal features that everyone has come to expect.
Specifically, it will have the following features:
- Locales will be set properly.
- MySQL will be secured.
- MySQL Query Caching will be configured.
- Iptables will be configured (optional).
- Alternative PHP Cache (APC) will be installed and configured.
- Web directory permissions will be set.
- Virtual hosts will be created.
This post will describe the series of steps that are needed to reset the MySQL root password when either the root password is known or it is not known. In theory, the later should never happen. However…
“In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.”